Data Modeler; BANKING, BRUSSELS
Posted on Sep 20, 2019 by Computer Recruitment Services
NK427 Data Modeler; BANKING, BRUSSELS.
The Component and Data Management teams are part of the GTS (Group Technology Services) division in charge of the production stability at the bank.
The Data Management team has a transversal role acting as a service desk for the designers and the developers. The team mainly performs data management activities for projects and maintenances. It also has a gatekeeper role, reviewing all naming convention and databases standards and ensuring they are compliant with configuration management good practices.
The Data Management team is:
The owner of all data models
- Record and update data models based on input from designers
- Deliver DDL and table related copybooks
- Provide reporting on data models
- Is the owner of data management process
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong Data Model Administration skills. You must be self-motivated and have the experience, personality, and passion to support developers and designers. This position is based in Brussels.
The main focus of the work will be in conducting operational activity, providing data modelling subject matter expertise, and maintenance of a catalog of the information assets.
Specific qualifications for the Data Modeler position include:
- At least 5 years of experience in IT industry
- Mainframe experience, using Changeman
- Must have professional experience performing logical and physical data modelling, using industry standard tools such as Computer Associate's
- AllFusion Data Modeler (Erwin), ER studio, or MEGA/HOPEX, SQL Developer
- Must have professional experience with data models and data modelling (Data dictionary, data management standards, and data model best practices)
- Knowledge of relational databases (DB2) with regards to physical data structure design
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to conduct data modelling sessions with business users and technical staff, which includes conveying complex ideas both verbally and in written form.
- Generate and deploy DDLs in the respective environments.
Nice to have
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Mainframe background will be a plus (Endevor, JCL, REXX)
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Access, Etc.
- Experience using a Service Desk
- Skills in one of the following languages and technologies: J2EE, .NET
- Agile knowledge
YOU MUST BE AN EU national to be considered for this role.
Duration: 12 months
Rate: 550-575 euros per day