Posted on Sep 20, 2019 by Frontage Laboratories
Perform necropsy laboratory procedures including but not limited to: tissue collection/preservation, fresh tissue trimming, sample collection, data entry, tissue weights, prosection, and perfusions, in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol, and Regulatory Agency guidelines.
In support of Histology will trim, embed, cut and stain collected tissues, in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol, and Regulatory Agency guidelines.
Education/Qualifications -Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, or Associate Degree/Certification in Histology, Laboratory Animals Technology or Veterinary Technology.
- An equivalent amount of education and/or Experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
- Highly desirable to have necropsy skills and/or experience. Preferable with multiple species.
- Knowledge/skills in histology desirable.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals and chemicals.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to accurately read and record information.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds regularly and 50 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to tolerate strong odors.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit plan.
Frontage is an equal opportunity employer.