Senior UX Researcher: Ethnography: Innovation Hub: Global Oil Energy C
Posted on Sep 20, 2019 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
A new Innovation Hub in Rotterdam backed by a Global Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior UX Researcher to join their team in Rotterdam.
This new venture sets out to do things differently taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex wicked problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you'll certainly not be bored!
As the lead agency for this World-Leading FTSE 100 company, and with over 800 contractors working on-site today, we provide an unrivalled service at sensible commission levels.
There are a huge amount of new products being built and this position will be working on the starting point of a large product group that is about to come through for Trading and Supply.
Your application will receive priority when submitted through Eaglecliff Recruitment and we will always guarantee feedback for every job application made through ourselves.
Working in an agile and fast paced environment, they aim to encourage creativity and stimulate new ideas. You will be highly enthusiastic about new technology and will play a hugely significant role within their team and the company as a whole.
User Research responsibilities will include:
- Provide continual insights into our customers' world and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Generate and share actionable research insights throughout the user centered design process and beyond
- Work with the Product Manager and Stakeholders to identify requirements and priorities for user/customer research
- Create testing plans to facilitate appropriate recruitment requirements and study objectives.
- Work with the analytics data to discover critical trends in customer behaviour and use them to strengthen insights and drive the research agenda
- Frequently draw on the range of customer insight sources including customer feedback, research, and direct communication.
- Work across the business to develop channels for both accessing and disseminating customer insights and research findings
- Support the maintenance of a robust and relevant customer panel.
- Work with the team to help consolidate and store insights to enable learning's to be captured and shared across projects.
- Strong commercial research and usability testing experience
- Previous experience with Ecommerce working across multiple platforms
- Excellent knowledge of industry tools such as InVision, Sketch, Axure and Adobe CC.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to plan, conduct, analyse and report on a broad range of user research studies
- Experience of moderating usability testing both in-person and remote, iterative and summative
- Knowledge of other research methodologies including field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, competitive testing, card sorts, tree-jacking and when to use them
- Ability to translate research insights and metrics, including research from other sources, into actionable recommendations that inform design and business strategy
- Experience of both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to collaborate with and understand the value of other research partners (site analytics, consumer insights) to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.