Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by CV-Library
• Proposing innovative ways data science can be applied to improve the offshore renewables industry to feed into development of new projects and services.
• Review and optimise existing Python scripts for gathering raw wind turbine data and automating the process of generating KPIs for benchmark systems.
• Develop new scripts, with a focus on Python, as required by the various innovation projects our team are delivering. A current project requirement involves systematic wind turbine power curve analysis to identify and quantify aerodynamic performance degradation.
• Using various methods to extract insights from different data sources and visualise these findings.
• Management of existing SQL databases and information systems that underpin company projects, products and services. This involves influencing database design and managing permissions.
• Continuous improvement of team processes for data acquisition, verification, modelling and analytics.
• Collection of functional requirements to influence scope of works for system enhancements and design of new information systems.
• Technical supplier and product delivery management to oversee the end to end process of design, implementation, testing and system integration of information systems.
• Produce high quality technical reports or documentation as appropriate to the role and follow quality procedures for their release. Furthermore, support the quality assurance process for deliverables created by others in the organisation.
• Support and mentor junior technical staff as appropriate.
• Represent the company at industry forums, demonstrating capability, competency and experience to stakeholders.
• Provide data science expertise to support ongoing public and privately funded projects and research. Support management and engineering staff where required with data science and knowledge. Assist other internal clients, such as business development and research functions, to provide tender support and promote the activities of the company
• Maintain currency of knowledge of latest renewable technologies and data science good practice and the application of these in a commercial and research environment.
• Encourage safe and sustainable behaviour and maintain a high level of SHEQ awareness in accordance with company procedures and current legislation
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £62k Annual
£60k - £90k Annual
£41k - £47k Annual
£40k - £80k Annual
£200 - £202 Daily
£38k - £70k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£800 - £1k Daily
£80k - £100k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual