Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by CV-Library
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Do you have expertise in machine learning?
Do you have Python/R programming ?
Do you want to help utilise data to help build digital products to improve public services ?
Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we'd love to hear from you!
If you're creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you'll love it here. And we'd love to hear from you.
We're looking for talented Data Scientists to join our growing community of experts on our Data & Analytics practice and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
The Data Scientist role sits right at the heart of that transformation supporting feature teams in developing digital services including our flagship Universal Credit programme within the digital space. You'll help us to take raw data into insights and recommendations so that DWP can shape real change to products and services used by millions.
Data Scientist - ( London)
You'll help us to take raw data into insights and recommendations so that DWP can shape real change to products and services used by millions. This includes Universal Credit one of our flagship projects where we will look at data analysis to prevent and detect fraud and error in our benefits system including serious organised crime.
Data Scientist -(Leeds)
The Working Age Team purpose is to design and deliver transformational digital services which help Working Age customers move into and progress within work and improve their financial security. They have a varied portfolio of digital projects including which has 1.4 million registered users and 118 employers online.
We focus on challenging the status quo to enable delivery of the best user experience for citizens and front line staff whilst ensuring value to DWP and tax payers.
Watch the video to find out why Daniel enjoys about being a Data Scientist at DWP Digital..
Watch the video to find out what Daniel enjoys about being a in DWP Digital.
This is a big challenge, but also a big opportunity. You will get the chance to work on one of the biggest, most ambitious Digital transformation programmes in the UK. You will have the chance to use and stretch your abilities, strengthen your experience and continue your professional development in a supportive environment. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
What are we looking for?
You'll have Product Owner curiosity …be self- motivated, adaptable to change have a desire to learn the business including it's problems. You'll cultivate a deep understanding of the labour market landscape labour market and how to utilise data to articulate benefits and features and solutions.
Essential Technical Skills
* Programming build skills - Python, R or Java built on Opensource
* Proactive in tackling business problem and providing technical solutions
* Data Analysis and Synthesis
* Communicating Analysis and Insight
* Organising Capability Development
Desirable Skills/ Experience
Ideally it would be great if you had not essential to have..
* A background from a customer insight organisation
* Experience working in a product analytics or insight role, ideally with digital products or services
* Capable of tackling challenging problems that are often unknown or very loosely defined, with a passion and curiosity to ask great questions to truly understand what's going on, and experience translating analysis into actionable recommendations
What will I be doing?
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for ….
* Own specific data science 'projects' (e.g. experiments or new capability) which includes identifying a specific business need, data gathering, requirements specification, determining the best tools, data and techniques to address it, execute analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations;
* Engage users and stakeholders (beyond routine questioning) to come up potential solutions for underlying business problems and inefficiencies;
* Prototype and/ or iterate existing solutions such as:
- Data analytics that find potential opportunities or problem behaviours previously unknown or unquantified
- Rapid prototypes of data-driven tools that test hypotheses with stakeholders and users;
- Create and validating machine learning models that can be deployed within digital applications;
* Share key findings with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, utilising interactive visualisation techniques effectively;
* Keep abreast of Data Science as a wider landscape and emerging technologies across Government and industry in order to help make DWP a leader in the Digital space;
* Actively participate in the wider capability development of Data Science in DWP through aspects such as code sharing or 'show and tells' (via collaboration tools or presentations);
* Ensure their work adheres to key privacy, security and data protection principles.
* Engage with cross-functional digital teams of product owners, business analysts, user researchers, designers and developers to elicit the underlying causes of problems and support their design objectives with insights
Where You'll Work
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Leeds, based in the city centre and is easily accessible by bus and rail. A shuttle bus service also runs on a daily basis to and from the railway station. Its facilities include a restaurant, coffee bar, vending machines, cycle shelter and showers. There's also the Forum Leisure Centre and Woodpecker Café Bar which have a swimming pool, squash courts and a gym.
Our digital in London is in the heart of the city in Westminster the home of government so we're easy to get to by train, tube or bus. It's a really active hub, with a great onsite restaurant and regular social activities like lunchtime yoga and meditation. We are right next door to St James Park and 5min walk Victoria.
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We're the UK's biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £50,938 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
Leeds: The base salary for the role is up to £39,674 p.a. with Digital Allowance of up to £11,264
London :The base salary for the role is up to £43,920 p.a. with Digital Allowance of up to £7018
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
* Flexible working
* Family friendly policies
* Volunteering and charitable giving
* Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
* Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
* Sports and social activities and lots more…
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in your ability.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you'll acquire on the job. You'll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information click apply or contact
Your contact will act as an expression of interest, and we will quickly get back to you with a full job description and details on how to formally apply.
To APPLY just click on the link below
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £62k Annual
£41k - £47k Annual
£40k - £80k Annual
£200 - £202 Daily
£38k - £70k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£800 - £1k Daily
£80k - £100k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£350 - £450 Daily