Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary in the region of £28K PA
Hours (Rotating Shift)
6am-2pm, Mon–Thurs & 6am-11:30am Fri
2pm-10pm Mon-Thurs & 11:30am-5pm Fri
Skillection are delighted to be working with their prestigious client based in Leeds who are seeking skilled CNC engineers to join their team.
The company uses a variety of materials such as stainless steels, engineering plastics and silicone, all of which present their own challenges in terms of machining, fastening and assembling.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE:
As a CNC Machine Setter/Operator you will be responsible for performing all operational functions within the organisations machine shop on a variety of CNC machine tools and manual machines. You will be self-motivated, be able to work under own initiate whilst working to deadlines, within a team environment. You will possess previous CNC Machining experience and will be apprentice trained or have attained the relevant qualifications in CNC operations with the ability to read and incorporate technical drawings been essential. In this role you will be responsible for the quality of all products produced along with the preventative maintenance of machines and processes.
The role of the setter/operator works within the organisations manufacturing department alongside the assembly and inspection functions of the business. It is a hand on role and offers a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on organisational performance by increasing production efficiencies. The company works with a flat decentralised structure and much of the decision making has been delegated wherever possible without compromising quality or customer service.
1. The setting of several different machine tools within the organisations machine shop including Haas, Citizen, Miyano and Willemin machines.
2. Overseeing and completion of jobs by loading and operating the machinery, ensuring that visual inspection and SPC checks are performed throughout the operation.
3. The completion and update of all relevant manufacturing documentation including set up sheets and route cards.
4. Additional duties including the operation of manual lathes and milling machines along with assembly duties where required.
5. Complete all quality checks to ensure the product meets the route card/drawing Specification.
1. Apply best practice standards in all areas of Health and Safety, quality procedures and ISO standards.
2. Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the role.
3. Ensure safe working practices and all H&S policies are adhered to at all times.
4. Proactively identify & make recommendations for improvements in all relevant areas of Business.
5. Managing and ensuring property quality.
6. Demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
7. Accomplish organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value/reduce costs.
1. Setting and operating of sliding head lathes and twin spindle/twin turret lathes.
2. Fanuc/Mitsubishi programming experience.
3. Metrology knowledge - the use of key inspection tools and methods including Vernier’s, Micrometers, CMM, SPC’s and Gauge R&R.
4. Knowledge of lean /continuous improvement exercises and identification of cost reduction opportunities.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity please submit your CV via the online instructions. Good Luck