Dollar General Store Manager
Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by Dollar General
Job Details GENERAL SUMMARY:
Supervises the timely receipt, stocking, order filling, or shipment of merchandise. May supervise employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns or other WMS failures.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels; reviews staffing plan with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Develops continuity in utilization of Labor Transfer pay program.
- Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Partners with Training Department to monitor new employee development tracking.
- Plans daily production goals.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries.
- Conducts annual employee reviews and merit increase evaluations.
- Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership with Human Resources department.
- Performs counseling sessions and is empowered to dismiss employees in applicable situations.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Understanding of inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of specific inbound or outbound functions within the distribution center.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills to include interviewing skills.
- Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, Excel, and payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS.
- Automated distribution center experience preferred.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
- Exposure to dust, lighting and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Associated topics: associate manager, director, lead, major gifts officer, major gift officer, manage, manager, manager retail, sales lead, supervisor