eFX Java Developer
Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by Caspian One Ltd
I am currently working with a large Investment Bank who are looking for a highly technical eFX Java Developer to join them based out of their London offices. They are looking for someone that is pragmatic and drives good development practices with a passion for technology a desire to learn new topics and build new systems and platforms.
You will be joining a capable team of developers that specialise in operating a low latency platform ensuring high resiliency for all clients. This unique team work in collaboration with Financial Engineers, Business representatives and Business Analysts to understand the business needs and design potential solutions.
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring a robust high-performance eFX platform, identifying areas of improvement and performance tuning to eliminate bottlenecks. You will be full testing new versions of software conducting test plans, analysing results and drawing conclusions. You will need to be a highly analytical individual with a process driven acumen and outstanding organizational skills.
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure working within a team of highly experienced cross-skilled developers in a supportive and stimulating environment on a long-term project.
Do you have an inquisitive mindset to identify and resolve issues quickly? Able to set up robust processes? If yes, then I want to hear from you!
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Good Mathematical/CompSci BSc
- Take ownership, help specify and deliver large scale projects and work under own initiative.
- Detailed knowledge of Core Java and implementations using low latency related design approaches (does not need to be banking)
- Minimum 5/8 years of experience developing multi-threaded/concurrency applications, including code analysis and performance tuning/profiling of Real Time, high-volume, low-latency systems
- Deep understanding of FX and eFX Business and trading practices.
- Detailed knowledge of the FX Marketplace including MDP, aggregators, Algorithmic Trading etc
- Capacity to take complex issues and explain them clearly and concisely to a wide audience.
- Understanding of eTrading generically
- 5 years minimum experience working with trading systems, at least 3 years Ecommerce FX specific.
- Understanding of workflows, key controls and related operational risk exposure.