Senior Tax Manager
Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by CV-Library
Group compliance and reporting
· Ensuring that the group is in compliance with UK tax legislation, as well as any other territory the VWUK group works within.
· Managing the group’s relationship with the CRM and team of inspectors, preparing and presenting schemes for approval and ensuring prompt and accurate responses are provided to all queries raised to provide certainty on potential exposures
Planning, structuring and strategy
· Leading the team to provide a compliance, tax advisory and planning service for the VWUK group.
· Liaison with the tax department of the Dutch parent company in relation to cross border trading, transfer pricing and other matters arising, and coordinating all UK issues on behalf of the wider group.
· Providing assistance in all special projects as and when required e.g. transaction work, joint venture structures, contract bidding, M&A, transfer pricing, thin capitalisation
Client & Stakeholder Management
· Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with Group Finance, other shared services functions (HR, payroll & fleet), business stakeholders, external advisors, HMRC and other industry bodies.
· Educates, supports and challenges VWUK management/stakeholders and is considered a strategic business partner to the VWUK Group.
· Leading a tax team consisting of a tax compliance manager, a tax adviser and some administrative tax support, ensuring the efficient use of their time in dealing with the work of the department while encouraging an environment of personal and professional development.
The success full candidate should:
· Have expert knowledge of Corporate Tax to make an impact with significant tax experience. Good working understanding of CT, indirect, R&D, CIS and employment related taxes.
· Have significant experience at either Big 4 accounting firm or in large in-house tax team
· Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Initiate and drive transformational change.
· Work with high level of authority and autonomy and be very confident without day to day direction
· Have ownership of key projects
· Act as an advisor and coach to other teams e.g. VAT, CIS & employment taxes.
· Preferably have some demonstrable understanding of/experience in the construction industry
What we offer:
· Competitive salary
· 25 days holiday + bank holidays
· Employee benefit scheme
· Onsite parking, gym and subsidised canteen
· Cycle to work scheme
· A collaborative and supportive team
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual