Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: Hardware/Device Technician
Duration: Contract to Hire
Rate: $30/Hr.-$35/Hr. Pay
Location: Coppell, TX
Years of Experience: 2-5 Years
The Device Technician reports to the Director of Global Device Hardware Technology.
The Global Device Technology department is responsible for providing all cash device related applications and technologies to businesses around the world.
- 2-5 years relevant work experience and have spent the last 2 years in a position dealing with new device testing, validation, functional verifications and implementations. During that period, the candidate has successfully completed a number of new device implementation projects.
- Working knowledge of structured product life cycle development and testing against requirements.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC). You are experienced with working with end users and suppliers. You have experience and affinity with the logistic services industry.
- English fluently written and spoken
- Spanish written and spoken a plus
- Experienced with structured Device (Hardware) Testing
- Experienced with Software and Solution testing a plus
- Excellent analytical and documentation skill
- Experienced with device specification (MMI, IoT, interfaces)
- Familiarity with process and data modelling
- Familiarity with application configuration
- Familiarity with software specification (reports, interfaces, user interfaces)
- Familiarity with software testing
- Utilize knowledge and experience of current and emerging cash device technology to execute in-depth evaluations of future solution offerings for all lines of business globally.
- Perform guided activities in support of large-scale device integration efforts.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the devices utilized globally in client's retail cash handling lines of business.
- Achieve and maintain a working understanding of the retail cash handling device operations and software applications and technologies used for our global lines of business.
- Analyze and document the business processes and best practices of our lines of business.
- Execute configurations of device solutions in alignment with specified business processes.
- Aid in the preparation of specifications and designs of device interfaces, reports, and customizations.
- Prepare and execute testing of interfaces, reports, and customizations.
- Aid in the training of internal groups on the use of the devices in implemented solutions.
- Support the go live activities for solutions implementations.
- Provide support to implementations in production.
- Support the research and definition of the functional architecture and device requirements for global retail cash handling solutions.
- Support countries in a variety of retail cash handling projects and questions regarding process and functionality related issues.
- Contribute to the development of the Global Technology department.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.