Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by U.S. Air Force
If you're ready to take your practice to a bigger stage, consider becoming a Clinical Psychologist for the U.S. Air Force. Our Clinical Psychologists have the enormous responsibility of ensuring our Airmen live up to their full potential. You'll work in state-of-the-art medical facilities around the world, using the latest techniques to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of psychological conditions. In addition to amazing medical career-advancing opportunities, you'll have the opportunity to work in a team environment with some of the most highly trained professionals in medicine.
• Diagnose and treat the full spectrum of psychological conditions within a multidisciplinary setting
• Supervise mental health personnel
• Implement mental health programs
• Collaborate with other agencies to offer prevention programs and organizational consultations
The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
• 30 days of vacation with pay each year
• Excellent healthcare coverage for you and your family
• Food and housing assistance
• A generous retirement program
• Prestigious leadership, training and continuing education opportunities
• Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
• Excellent starting salary
This is an active duty position as an Air Force Officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
• Must be a U.S. citizen age 18-41
• Must be willing to relocate
• Completion of five-and-a-half-week Commissioned Officer Training course
• At a minimum, applicants must hold a doctorate degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from the American Psychological Association (APA) as well as completion of an APA-approved psychology internship
• A valid and current unrestricted state issued license to practice clinical or counseling psychology in a state, U.S. territory or the District of Columbia is also required
About the Air Force
Our mission is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers, from healthcare to engineering, in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.