IBM I-Series System Administrator
Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
Purpose of the Position
The function of the IBM I-Series System Admin position is to support the multisite IBMi infrastructure across the enterprise.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
Other duties may be assigned
This position will be responsible for but not limited to the following;
- Monitor health status of IBMi to ensure maximum up time.
- Troubleshoot issues with IBMi when they arise.
- Backup administration tasks.
- Coordinate installation of patches and technology refreshes.
- Coordinate with third party vendor to support IBMi environment.
- Coordinate with all teams
- High-level user additions.
- Manage permissions on IFS.
- Performance tuning
- Work with San Architect and third party vendors to ensure HA/DR is tested on a regular basis.
- Occasional travel required.
- Support both custom and vendor applications
Include specific knowledge, skills and/or abilities
Enterprise class IBMi hardware
San attached storage
Help Systems Robot
S4I Preferred but not needed.
EXTOL Preferred but not needed.
DB2 for I Concepts and Administration
IBMi V7.1 or higher is a must
Control Language (CL) is a must
SST & DST
Group and Adopted Authority Concepts
Experience with performance analysis tools such as Job Watcher and IDoctor preferred
Education and Experience
Include required and/or preferred certificates, licenses, registrations, and education
- 5-10 years administration, engineering, and supporting large multisite IBMi implementations
- IBM Certified system Administrator preferred but not required
- Bachelor (4 year) degree preferred but not required.
- Experience supporting both custom and vendor applications is a must