Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by Liberty Speciality Markets
About the Team:
LSM and Global Risk Solutions (GRS) IT collectively delivers innovative solutions and capabilities that leverage our technical expertise and business understanding and partnerships to enable market-leading performance world-wide.
The IT Underwriting Team is made up of Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) and Development & Testing people who deliver day to day 'Business as Usual' support and the delivery of enhancements and new applications to support LSM's underwriting teams. The applications are used in LSM's offices from Latin America and across Europe and the Middle East, through to Lloyd's China. The Team works closely with other LSM and US based Global Specialty and Central IT Teams including Development, Testing, Change Management and Incident Management.
LSM are progressively implementing Agile practices and seeks to recruit an experienced Senior Agile Data Developer to build and implement data solutions, working with the Scrum master, other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
About the Role:
- Work within a small development team to produce clean, efficient code based on specifications or User Stories.
- Integrate software components between in-house and third-party applications.
- Deploy tested code to SIT & UAT environments.
- Support developed applications, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing code when required
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for development solutions, future reference and reporting.
- Collaborate with architects and other developers to develop the solution design.
- Estimate user stories and feed estimates back into the Product Backlog.
- Write unit tests when implementing user stories including test deliverables against a user story's acceptance criteria.
- Support the team in working towards continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Help remove technical impediments raised by the team.
- Liaise with the database administration and infrastructure teams to ensure successful deployment of developed products to live environment.
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of behaviours as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to LSM's commitment to placing customers at the centre of our business and behaving with integrity. LSM expects you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to proactively demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviours at all times. These requirements include Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing
What the ideal candidate will have:
Experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role, working within Agile frameworks and associated architectures, design, coding languages and testing & deployment tools, including some or all of the following:
- Angular 6 or above.
- Micro services & APIs.
- API integration experience, REST preferred.
- Understanding of event driven architecture.
- Experience of SQL database development.
- Experience of source code repositories, code branching and version control systems e.g. GIT and TFS.
- Experience of producing technical support documentation.
- Experience of working within the full development lifecycle i.e. development, unit testing and release management.
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail and troubleshooting aptitude.
- CI/CD pipeline build & deployment tools e.g. Bamboo
- Cloud experience (AWS & Azure)
- Different AWS deployment methods e.g. native EC2, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (JVM) & Docker
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- SQL cloud deployment e.g. RDS/EC2 in AWS.
- SQL Server Integration Services
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days' holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
We know that each of us has a 'unique perspective', shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. D&I embraces all of those dimensions which make each of us who we are; a combination of visible and invisible differences which guide our perspectives and approaches in life.
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals. We have an inclusive culture and leadership where all colleagues are empowered to be their unique selves and fully contribute to getting things done. And we are as committed to helping each other internally, as we are to helping our customers, communities and shareholders externally.
We currently celebrate a number of aspects of D&I and are expanding our strategic and tactical approaches to ensure that we celebrate many more in the coming months and years.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £40k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual