BI (Business Intelligence) Developer
Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
The BI Developer will be responsible for designing, developing and administering BI analytic solutions using the Microsoft platform and tool stack. This will include reporting, dash boarding, and warehousing tasks and other related administrative and development tasks. In addition to strong technical and project management skills, this position will also be business facing and require excellent customer relationship management.
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental BI Reporting and Analytics solutions
- Partner with senior management to understand and deliver performance insights and key analytics solutions.
- Lead, schedule, and troubleshoot technical implementations, from data definitions to models to end user reporting
- Build, mentor, and guide Business Intelligence team to provide BI technical solutions as well as actionable information.
- Write complex SQL (some MDX) code and stored procedures to be utilized by applications, ETL and reports
- Develop and implement standard reporting using advanced SQL to manipulate large datasets
- Develop interactive analytics dashboards and visualizations using tools like Power BI and SSRS (Tableau nice to have)
- Work with a variety of data sources - SQL Server, Oracle, Flat files etc.
- Gain subject matter expertise level knowledge in the company's data and business processes
- Gather and document reporting requirements from customer meetings regarding report development and ad hoc requests
- Results-Driven with ability to take initiatives and meet deadlines in a fast paced changing environment
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with 2012+ Microsoft BI stack and team development tools
- 6+ years' core expertise with complex SQL, data analysis, and reporting with SQL Server, Reporting Services,SSAS (nice to have)
- Experience with dashboards built on Power BI and SSAS Cubes (Tableau nice to have)
- Strong knowledge of Data warehousing and ETL concepts & techniques. Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services will be useful
- Background in Scrum/Agile project management environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills