Video system integration engineer
Posted on Sep 19, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
We are currently searching for a Video System Integration Engineer to work in Amsterdam, The Netherlands for 6 months + extensions. This is a fantastic contract opportunity for a large Internet provider.
The Video Systems Integration Engineer is responsible for the integration of new Video services/solutions with the CNO service monitoring framework and tooling. This highly technical hands-on position with project management experience will be the interface to the project delivery teams to determine the operational impact and provide/implement the operational non-functional requirements. The system integrator is responsible for the operationalization of new services and coordinating the On-boarding, Operational Reading Testing and Acceptance processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail.
* 3-5 years experience in Telecoms/ISP/TV and solid understanding and working knowledge of the OSI Model
* In-depth knowledge of Linux and cloud technologies [aws, kubernetes, docker etc], certification is plus
* Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international Matrix organization having people with different cultural backgrounds
* Fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language.
* Knowledge of Apache Web Server Administration and Oracle database Administration [certification is plus]
* Experience with at least one type of Java application environment, eg JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere.
* Strong and dynamic individual, with the ability to thrive under pressure
* Solid awareness of production operational processes, preferably to ITIL level (certification not required)
* Exposure to and understanding of Internet, TCP/IP Systems and Protocols, and Unix based systems.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.