Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by ITech Consult
Our client provides compliance management software that enables companies around the world to reduce their risk of misconduct.
They are currently looking to recruit a QA Engineer. The chosen candidate will be a talented software tester with a solid understanding of SDLC & STLC, including mobile application testing; from requirement gathering through software development, testing and maintenance.
They are looking for an independent thinker, who is driven and motivated, who stands as gate keeper for quality and commitment to delivering efficient and effective software with the willingness to do whatever is needed to move the needle and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This role is essential for product development. The QA Engineer reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager. The role is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient testing of applications and quality deliverables
* Member of the Quality Assurance team contributing to best practice testing solutions.
* Creation and execution of test plans and cases.
* Work closely with Product and Development teams to deliver high quality product.
* QA, UAT, and non-functional test standards and test processes.
* Develop manual test scripts with aggressive time schedules for various types of testing: usability, functional, regression, cross-browser, security and performance.
* Defect tracking and prioritization troubleshoot and isolate problems.
* Maintain and enhance test suite, performing maintenance/update as needed.
* Support and debug of existing services within the company.
* Ensures test coverage of project system design specifications.
* Work intensively with Project Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, and Software Development Team.
* Participates in formal reviews of application designs, business and functional requirements
* Establishes testing entrance and exit criteria.
* Develops, maintains and executes tests for regression, and production verification and validation test strategies and scripts.
* Usage of bug tracking Database (Jira) including logging, re-testing and closing issues.
* Sign-off of test cases ran after testing phase in release is complete.
* Demonstrates understanding and exposure to Automation Testing, Performance Testing and Security Testing.
* Follows the agreed project methodology.
* Support functional automation.
* At least 2-3 years of experience working in a QA role on Web-based applications.
* Experience/Knowledge testing Angular JS and Java based applications.
* Strong experience with Test Management and Bug Management Tools.
* Knowledge of Confluence, Invision, Mobile testing would be an advantage.
* Experience with Bug logging, tracking and follow-ups.
* Experience in SQL, Tracking logs, UI test tools.
* Knowledge of Automation Frameworks (Selenium, Katalon, Protractor)
* Experience/Knowledge testing Progressive Web Applications.
* Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
* Ability to work as part of the team under pressure and under own initiative.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
* Experience working in an AGILE environment
* Solid knowledge of Testing Methodologies, Exploratory Testing.
* Knowledge of CI/CD process and tools.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918594FK
Role: QA Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.