Linux Systems Engineer
Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Linux Systems Engineer - Dublin - €250-300 Per Day
Dynamic Multinational Technology company requires a contract Linux Systems Engineer for a period of 6 months
The Linux System Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to the our clients Engineering organization. They will also help to support, maintain and improve high performance computing capabilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
While a strong theoretical knowledge of Linux is required, this is also very much a hands on role, and the ideal candidate will be strongly competent in all aspects of physical support, such rack/stack Servers, OS Configuration and where necessary carry out maintenance on PC's.
Responsibilities of Role
* Provide advanced Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) troubleshooting and technical support to the Engineering organization.
* Provide Linux application support. Work closely with Engineering on continual application, process and workflow improvement.
* Assist in day-to-day maintenance of the Engineering infrastructure, including Linux system builds, configuration & security management, patching, automation and system upgrades.
* Review and assist in support case management related to Engineering infrastructure
* Performs typical IT operational maintenance (eg, software version updates, patch management) in collaboration with senior administrators
* Captures and documents end-users requirements
* Builds/maintains and updates documents related to troubleshooting procedures for IT solutions for future reference
* Collaborates with vendors and/or systems engineers to actively troubleshoot and resolve common or standard issues (eg, those related to hardware, operating system)
* Rack and stack Servers, configure OS and deploy to Xilinx standards
Essential Candidate Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
* 4+ years of strong experience in the support of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE) Kickstart and PXE environments.
* Can support, maintain, improve and troubleshoot the related technologies. Server hardware familiarity, blades and rackmounts.
* Strong communication skills - Advanced written and spoken English Essential
* Ability to write and support scripts and programs, preferably using Python, Perl, Bash, C.
* Experience with and understanding of virtualized environments (VMware, Xen, Citrix).
* Exposure to Enterprise Storage, NetApp
IMPORTANT - Prospective candidates must have Immediate Eligibility and Availability to work in Ireland. Candidates that require any kind of visa or sponsorship cannot be considered at this time
For more information on this role, please contact Níall.
To apply directly, please send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site.