Technical consultant manager
Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by Sentinel IT LLP
TECHNICAL CONSULTING MANAGER
A global information and communication technology (ICT) company, is looking for a Technical consulting manager with a lot of experience and big capabilities to negociate and deal with clients.
- The role holder provides technical advice and assistance to the sales force, sales agents, reseller/distributor staff and existing or prospective customers, either in support of customer development or sales activity or in fulfilment of sales obligations.
- They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues.
- They identify, design and deliver large or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
- The role holder may also manage a small/medium design team.
- Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings, designing larger more complex solutions.
- Defines the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, controlling technical scope and the work of the design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
- Represents at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build clients reputation in the market place.
- Establishes customer requirements for a solution building strong relationships and acting as a major influence in the customer choosing client.
- Contributes to definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity, and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation.
- Shares knowledge with colleagues to make a useful contribution to clients knowledge base.
- Demonstrably operates as the overall infrastructure architect for large, complex solutions.
- Regularly has large, complex designs, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant business approval review, without any requirement for design changes.
- Authors design and test documents for large, complex infrastructures, whose risk and cost elements are accepted by the overall architect or project manager.
- Can evidence regular contributions to customer forums, conferences and professional bodies.
- Tangible recognition from customers and/or clients sales of being a major influence in the customer choosing client.
- Using company prescribed methodologies, can demonstrate a contribution to the definition of customer overall IT architecture, including new solutions of significant size and complexity and which contain solution components from contributing specialists.
- Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events