IT Support Engineer
Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by CV-Library
This post is required to develop, install and provide technical IT support to schools and other educational establishments. In the first instance the role will primarily provide support to our managed service customers for a number of days each week. The job holder is required to deliver this service to a quality in accordance with agreed service standards and to liaison with other ICT teams and external organizations. The post is to be responsible for supporting the network infrastructure, admin and curriculum ICT networks (Server and Desktops), as well as support for learning platforms. The post holder will be required to support these systems by telephone, remote access and site visits.
Help to promote Link2ICT services to increase the customer base and income levels.
Ensure the provision of high quality technical advice and support services for all schools
To develop, install and support Schools' ICT systems and network infrastructure at both server and desktop level
Keep abreast of developments in Information, Communication and Audio Visual Technologies particularly looking for innovative and efficient ways to improve services and develop systems used in the school environment.
Mentor other staff and ensure they are appropriately trained to enable them to meet our service requirements.
Ensure you work collectively with the team to deliver business plan targets.
Is open and honest and involves the team in decision making.
Has the ability to influence across all levels using a variety of styles that match the need
To resolve problems relating to networks, PC hardware and software in schools by telephone, remote support or site visit.
To assist in the design and delivery of technical training and seminars to Entrust customers, users and staff.
Maintain an awareness of the services and technological developments and advise customers (and or partners) accordingly.
Ensure effective communication with schools, including planning and preparation of newsletter articles and documents for the intranet
Deliver training as required to a wide range of ability levels.· Ensure appropriate communication with customers and users where there are problems with, or changes to the delivery of their ICT services.
Advising schools on suitable solutions to meet their administration and management requirements.
Organisation and planning
Plan and manage the service's workload to ensure the most responsive and efficient use of the available resources.
Assist with the process of analysing the training needs for staff in schools.
To contribute to projects and ICT developments and achieve targets set for the implementation of those projects.
Such other duties as may arise in connection with the activities mentioned above.
· Proven experience in a related role
· Experience of Windows server 2008/2012/2016 including using Group Policies, PowerShell and basic scripting.
· Experience of supporting Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
· Excellent knowledge and experience of supporting Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016.
· Experience of supporting educational software.
· Experience of virtual server technologies - Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware.
· Installation, configuration and support of Apple and Android devices - iMacs, MacBook's, iPads (including Apple Configurator).
· Good knowledge of network troubleshooting - Both LAN and Wireless networks.
· Experience of supporting curriculum resources i.e. Smartboards, Promethean.
· Ability to configure and complete windows update using WSUS
· Experience of Anti-Virus setup and client deployment using Symantec Anti-Virus
· Knowledge of cloud based services- i.e. Office 365.
· Proven ability to successfully motivate self and others
· Committed to customer focused service delivery
· Clear written and oral communication skills for any audience
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Committed to working flexibility to cover the duties of the service
· Ability to build successful customer and supplier relationships
· Professional approach with a positive attitude to delivering high quality work
Good knowledge and installation experience of Microsoft Server operating systems
Awareness of relevant legislation, statutory obligations and national ICT Strategies relating to educational establishments
Current and clean full driving licence and use of a car.· The successful applicant will require security clearance (i.e. DBS checked).
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£21k - £24k Annual
£12.8 - £12.8 Hourly
£20k - £22k Annual