Senior Middleware Engineer - DataPower
Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Middleware Engineer DataPower
Salary: $105k to $125k + 15% Bonus
Location: Chicago, IL
Looking for a candidate to focus on DataPower. You will do overall support management, domain application, delivery within the infrastructure, SOA Web Services. Must be able to design and build REST/SOAP Web Services.
The Sr. Middleware Engineer - DataPower supports the systems responsible for application delivery within the Infrastructure. This role is responsible for handling requests for new or updated services and applications, as well as troubleshooting and remedying incidents and problems within the Middleware technical domain. You will be the Subject Matter Expert within the DataPower space on this team, this role will be expected to teach and mentor peers in support of their career growth and/or the overall growth of the team.
- Support DataPower and other SOA/Web Service technologies up to and including production environment
- Participate in API design and integration sessions
- Generate reports for the DataPower platform for error, capacity and traffic analysis
- Perform day-to-day maintenance for company owned DataPower appliances
- Provide input and recommendations for architectural improvements
For this particular position we are seeking individuals with IBM WebSphere DataPower engineer/developer level experience.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills/abilities:
- 4+ years of experience supporting current IBM DataPower appliance technologies
- Able to design and build REST/SOAP Web Service API's
- Able to create request transformation policies and scripts within DataPower environments
- Able to perform capacity analysis and growth projections
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 6+ years of experience working with Java application delivery systems (WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, and/or WebSphere.) is required.
- 6+ years of experience supporting web based delivery systems (Apache and/or IIS) is required.
- 2+ years of experience designing and supporting Web Services Standards and Technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, DDI, REST, etc.)
- Effective communication skills required both laterally and up to influence decisions and actions.