Splunk Engineering Technical Lead
Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by Request Technology
*Permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Splunk Engineering Technical Lead. This role will be the subject matter expert in log management, IT Intelligence, Engineering/operations, and SIEM area using Splunk. This role will lead the technical mission of Splunk and other log analytics solutions. This company is moving their Splunk operations to the cloud and this individual needs to be the subject matter expert for the optimal design and engineering implementation.
- Engage with business users, application and platform owners, and other parties to understand business needs and processes; guide project teams and sponsors in identifying the best solutions
- Engineer automation and orchestration designs to help provide seem-less and highly available solutions.
- Participate in technology assessment; design based on requirements and architectural guidelines, prototype if necessary, and implement reliable solutions
- Lead the technical roadmap of Splunk and other log analytics solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert of Splunk's journey to AWS cloud for optimal design and engineering implementation
- Evaluate technology standards, products, and the risks and benefits of technology introduction
- Seek opportunities for automation and integration of various tools and services
- Develop and enhance appropriate operational procedures to ensure consistent service delivery and compliance
- 8-10 years of elaborating and relevant Information Technology experience
- 5+ years of hands on experience of implementing Splunk and maintaining its operations
- Proven track-record in designing Splunk in the cloud, particularly AWS, and migrating from a sizable on-prem installation
- In depth experience designing solutions that are: secure, resilient, scalable, and transformative
- Experience using or administering Linux and Windows operating systems
- Fluent in Unix Shell and other modern Scripting languages
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, any related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing and monitoring containerized infrastructure solutions following Microservices and DevOps principles
- Experience with log analytics solutions from Elastic Stack (ELK)
- Experience implementing Machine learning and AI algorithms
- Experience with ITIL principles
- Exposure to the financial services industry