Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by Kinsale Insurance Company
Kinsale is an Excess & Surplus lines insurer specializing in hard-to-place, small to medium sized commercial accounts. Kinsale is eligible in all states and writes a variety of Property, Casualty and Specialty lines through thirteen underwriting divisions. Given the experience of our staff and our control over the underwriting and claims processes, Kinsale offers unmatched underwriting flexibility to brokers placing difficult E&S accounts. Kinsale will consider offering terms on a wide range of risks including accounts with new or high hazard operations and businesses that have a poor loss history or that are located in high risk venues.
Kinsale is looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and working on innovative solutions that drive quality and efficiency. The Data Engineer role is for database administrators who specialize in configuring and maintaining databases on Linux-based Servers. This role encompasses Back End IT support for business-critical and development-related initiatives.
- Develop/design, construct, test and maintain database architectures, and ensure that the architecture will support business requirements.
- Perform ETL and data conversion.
- Conduct ad-hoc data extraction.
- Provide technical support and guidance related to database security, backup and recovery, and database troubleshooting.
- Identify and execute opportunities to drive efficiencies in the use of resources (people and technologies)
- Provide technical guidance and assist with migration of systems to AWS; serve as the primary operational owner for databases at AWS
- Monitor system performance and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality utilizing a variety of languages and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, or related field.
- Oracle DBA Certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as an Oracle Data Engineer or DBA.
- Experience working with Linux and setting up/maintaining CRON jobs.
- In-depth working knowledge and administration of Oracle required; experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or SQL Server is a plus.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and query authoring, creating various objects, etc.
- Experience with public cloud database architectures; AWS associate level certification preferred.
- Proven experience building processes to support data transformation, data structures, dependency and workload management.
- Experience using programming languages, Scripting languages, and tools
- Experience with Agile practices.
- Ability to process and manage multiple priorities and initiatives.
- Analytical problem solver who can clearly identify, analyze and resolve issues as they arise.
- Collaboration, customer focus, and innovation skills.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $135k Annual
$110k - $130k Annual
$120k - $145k Annual
$100k - $130k Annual
$120k - $145k Annual
$130k - $146k Annual
$90k - $120k Annual