Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by Strike IT Services
APIGEE Engineer/Consultant is required for a 6-month initial contract working on a digital transformation programme at a major FS organisation.
This will be working as part of a team onsite from a leading tech consultancy. They are looking for a Senior APIGEE Engineer with a passion for design, development and delivery of enterprise-level solutions. You'll be instrumental in identifying opportunities and you will be empowered to shape the direction of solutions. And, by utilising your tried and tested APIGEE design and development skills, you will be responsible for creating, delivering and supporting services that are engaging and solve the needs of those that interact with them.
- Work with senior architects and scrum team members to understand requirements for functional enhancements and provide input to design as an APIGEE SME
- Champion API first best practices within Nationwide and embody a culture of rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- Work in a team of ~6 engineers in a high expectation environment driving team performance through the engineering life cycle from planning and development all the way through to operational support,
- Help build Engineering Culture both within the team and with the external technology community eg, attend events, publish content, host meet-ups.
- Problem solve pain points in the CI/CD pipeline
- 5+ years of experience in implementing APIGEE in an enterprise solution
- Experience in design development and deployment of RESTful services
- Experience with security concepts such as Authentication and Authorization, SSL and key management including experience with OAuth, SAML, identity and access management and encryption.
- Have DevOps skills using tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
- Building and maintaining multi-stage CI/CD pipelines
- Working with AWS cloud-based infrastructure
- Implementing Microservice patterns and architecture
- Working with agile methods and usage of Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Passionate about having impact, driving automation and improving business outcomes
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and ways of working
This role is based in Swindon, however you can work one day a week from the London office.