Posted on Sep 18, 2019 by Tensys Ltd
- Specialist Consultants for lightweight structures in the fields of Architecture, Aerospace and Art
- Provide analysis, design and construction support to a wide range of architect, engineer and contractor clients
- Work on a wide range of challenging and high-profile projects worldwide such as scientific balloons, hybrid air vehicles, artistic installations and major stadiums, many of which we are unable to feature on our web site.
- Established over 25 years ago, Tensys has offices in Bath UK and Melbourne Australia
- Develop and maintain inTENS, their proprietary software for tension structures design. It is being actively integrated with the latest developments in parametric design, digital architecture and cooperative sharing of technical data
- Tensys pride themselves on being problem solvers. Breaking problems down into their fundamental basics and selecting the appropriate tool to develop engineering solutions.
- Structural engineers with a solid foundation in the underlying principles of design, engineering, mathematics, materials and analysis. Engineers who share our passion for the analysis and design of cutting-edge lightweight structures projects, working alongside client and design teams who are world leaders in their respective fields
- Ideally a minimum of one or two years post graduate experience. Whilst the core business is structural engineering the range of problems is very diverse; we welcome applications from other engineering disciplines such as materials science, aerospace or mechanical.
- An aptitude and enthusiasm for this nature of structure.
- Creative ideas and methods for solving engineering problems
- Good personal and presentational skills. You will be running your own projects, under supervision, and responsible for day to day client interaction.
- Experience in at least some of the following:
- Commercial structural analysis software, for example GSA, ABAQUS or SOFISTIK
- 3D CAD, such as Rhino, Catia or SolidWorks
- Grasshopper and Kangaroo
- Computational fluid dynamics
If you are interested in joining our team in Bath to help us meet these challenges, then please click APPLY NOW to send us details of your experience and tell us why you think you are suited to the role.
If you would like further information, or an informal discussion about the roles available, please call and ask to speak with Adam or Sean. We look forward to hearing from you.