Data Scientists Support
Posted on Sep 17, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Overview of business area or project:
SUB Analytics IT team enables data scientists in various business functions by providing required tools, technology and data. The team builds a solution, which on one hand allows data scientists to analyse data and build advanced analytics models (Analytics Lab) and on the other hand to operationalize data pipelines to execute data sourcing, data integration, data enrichment with analytical results and integration with the downstream systems in an automatic manner (Analytics Factory).
The role of Data Scientists Support is mainly focused on supporting Analytics Lab service, ie to provide day-to-day guidance and support to the data scientists in various business divisions.
Here is an overview of the role's main responsibilities:
- In this position you will primarily focus on supporting data scientists in various business areas to help them use available tools and technology in the best way within context of their projects
- You will be the main point of contact to resolve various issues the data scientists experience in their data work in relation to the tools, technologies, security, connectivity and data
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
The SUB Analytics IT team consists of 10 people with another few IT colleagues from other teams involved into the day-to-day activities of this function.
The role will support at least 5-7 teams with 2-7 data scientists in each.
The team works in an agile way with the colleagues closely collaborating with each other. There is a good mix of skills and personalities within the Analytics IT team as well as within the teams of data scientists. Nice, supportive and stimulating environment to work in.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Working efficiently within the bank environment.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- You are proficient in troubleshooting technical issues in complex IT environments
- You are technically savvy and able to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- You have great customer facing skills, are able to discuss complex technical issues, agree on priorities and manage expectations
- Solid knowledge of security concepts, including Unix ACLs, Kerberos and user impersonation among others
- Experience with Dataiku Data Science Studio and ideally Automation and API Nodes is a considerable advantage
- Experience with other data science tools, eg SAS, SPSS, KNIME, RapidMiner, etc. is welcome
- Experience with Hadoop technology stack, ideally Cloudera
- At least some understanding of data integration, machine learning and other advanced analytics methods
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with relational databases, eg Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook, Hue and/or other end user tools.
- Knowledge of Python, Spark, Scala and other programming languages
- Tableau experience, both Desktop to build dashboards and Server configuration
Candidate Value Proposition:
This role is an opportunity for the candidates to work on a relatively new analytics team using modern technologies and supporting real use cases for the stakeholders, make a contribution to the evolution of the platform from architecture and operational points of view. Working closely with data scientists provides an opportunity to learn more about applying advanced analytical methods in real-life environment and longer term moving to a Full time data scientist role.
In case of mutual interest of a longer-term relationship, there may be an opportunity for contract extension or internalisation after the initial contract period.
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly (see below)