Posted on Sep 17, 2019 by Scene One Ltd
Software Architect - Alkmaar (Netherlands) - Competitive Package
Our client works in small motivated Agile Scrum teams on modern, scalable and reliable solutions
They are moving to build and integrate future-proof Big Data solutions: searching and indexing of possibly Petabytes of data.
They're looking for an intelligent and enthusiastic Software Architect to work on their broad range of interesting and technically challenging projects. You will be working together with the developers on different scrum teams, keeping an eye on the big picture but also helping the teams with guidance and hands-on coding.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Collaborating with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Design and plan software product architecture
- Present architecture concept to relevant stakeholders
- Document design and architecture decisions, including APIs, flowcharts, and diagrams
- Ensure correct implementation of architectural concept throughout product development
- Act as the R&D product expert, understanding the product in terms of its requirements, purpose and need in the market
- Interface with R&D Groups, Product Management, Customer Support and Services.
Their scrum teams consist of both software developers and QA engineers, working on solutions for recording and analysis of communication for the largest global companies in the financial markets.
You will be great to work in this role if you:
- Are energetic, sociable & inspiring;
- Have good verbal and non-verbal communicator skills;
- Have strong documentation skills;
- Have strong analytic and coding skills;
- Focus on delivering high quality;
- Enjoy technical challenges!
What is expected from you:
- A Bachelor or Master's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent
- Your English is fluent (in speech and writing)
- Practical experience/knowledge in software architecture
- Have a long-standing and strong software development background, including:
- Knowledge of architectural styles, software design, and design patterns
- True and effective Microsoft .NET C# skills and strong knowledge of .NET frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL development, data modelling, and database design
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Knowledge of Enterprise Search Engines, such as Elasticsearch
- Strong knowledge of Cloud computing and Cloud technologies, such as AWS
- Experience with (and enthusiasm for) working with Agile Scrum teams
- Are self-managing and display effective leadership & influencing skills
- You are flexible, able to multitask and work on multiple projects with tight timescales.
We would like you to have knowledge of, or experience with:
- Distributed systems, WCF, networking & connectivity
- Multithreading, concurrency, and code performance
- Secure coding, security awareness, and encryption
- Continuous delivery
Some additional knowledge areas that are considered a big plus:
- Telephony, PBX or VoIP infrastructures (a real bonus)