Batch Developer/Java Developer, Permanent/Contractor | London, UK
Posted on Sep 17, 2019 by Synechron
Synechron is a leading Digital IT Consulting firm and is working to Accelerate Digital initiatives for banks, asset managers, and insurance companies around the world. We achieve this by providing our clients with innovative solutions that solve their most complex business challenges and combining Synechron's unique, end-to-end Digital, Business Consulting, and Technology services. Based in New York, the company has 18 offices around the globe, with over 8,000 employees producing over $500M+ in annual revenue.
Our Technology capability allows us to accelerate digital for Banks, Asset Managers and Insurance firms. We believe in developing applications that advance our clients' digital strategies and build highly-customized applications to shift their development practices to Agile. Our Application Development services includes Architecture & Design, Development, Performance Engineering, Maintenance & Production Support, and Migration & Application Decommissioning.
We are currently working with one of our financial services clients on a greenfield initiative and are looking for a Batch Developer/Java Developer. This opportunity is best suited for someone who has previously worked as a Batch Developer/Java Developer and has proficiency in Java programming, data structures and algorithms and multi-threading.
This is a large and complex programme, providing the Batch Developer/Java Developer with an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in a challenging environment.
The Batch Developer/Java Developer will work closely with the client's strategic team and ensure smooth development activities.
- Articulate, able to effectively explain complex technology content in a simple manner to a business audience
- Hands-on experience in the development, design, maintenance and integration of large scale software solutions
- Proficiency in core Java programming, data structures and algorithms, multi-threading
- Recent experience within Financial services, ideally Investment Banking/Capital Markets/Asset Management
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Good understanding and usage of DBMS
- Familiar with automated testing, acceptance testing, TDD, BDD
If the above is a close match to your skills and experience, apply now!
Please note that due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 working days of us receiving their application.