Posted on Sep 17, 2019 by CV-Library
If you are passionate about ethical lending, continuous improvement, enjoy engaging and leading people within a varied and fast paced environment than the chance to join are not-for-profit client is the one for you.
As a key member of the senior management team you will be a true people person, leading the operational areas of the business, understanding the importance of establishing the right culture and vision for the business through company policies and growth plans.
Working collaboratively, you will be able to utilise your supportive nature whilst working under pressure to lead others in a way that encourages maximum performance and engagement.
Key responsibilities in the role of the Operations Manager include:
* Lead and oversee business support functions to delivery a quality service at every opportunity.
* Ensure delivery of company strategy considering financial planning, risk management and target setting.
* Seek opportunities to improve, develop and enhance products and services by proactively monitoring trends for example.
* Develop your understanding of customer trends by attending customer events or evaluating promotion results for example.
* Develop quality assurance processes with the help of the Compliance Officer.
* Ensure robust data is available to monitor business performance and support strategic decision making.
* Provide clear reporting to the CEO and other stakeholders on business and team performance in line with business objectives.
* Work with Team Managers to implement solutions to issues/ problems.
* Harness potential within the team through training, coaching and mentoring to develop talent within the business.
* Interpret new and changing industry regulations and apply to suit the business needs.
* Working closely with your direct reports including the Finance team and Lending Manager for example.
* Monitor and provide guidance on staffing levels to ensure customer demands and service levels are delivered.
* Deputise for the CEO at board meetings when required.
* Maintain and develop your own skills, knowledge and behaviours including staying up to date with regulatory standards and changes in the industry.
Essential skill and experience for the role of Operations Manager:
* Experience leading an operations team to deliver company strategy,
* Ability to harness potential within your team and develop within the business,
* Ability to create a positive culture within the team to embrace change,
* Experience in financial services regulatory environment, ideally credit risk,
* Experience managing projects,
* Knowledge of regulatory and legal matters affecting financial services,
* Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development,
* Understand data analysis and performance/ operation metrics,
* Regulatory qualifications in personal leaving or willingness to work towards,
* Full driving license.
Desirable skills and experience:
Educated to degree level relating to Financial Services or Management and/ or relevant industry experience.
* Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA)
* Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations,
* Anti-Money Laundering,
* The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS),
* Financial Services Compensations Scheme (FSCS)
* Data Protection Legislation.
Competitive salary of circa £50,000.
Contributory pension - auto enrolment on completion of 3 months.
Discretionary Christmas bonus,
Free onsite parking,
If you have the relevant skills and experience and feel this is the right next role for you please apply with a full CV or contact Emma Easton at Strand Recruitment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £55k Annual
£55k - £70k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£42k - £60k Annual
£35k - £65k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual