Hydrogeologist (Cork office)
We are now seeking a Hydrogeologist in our Cork office to work within our growing Environmental team on exciting and varied environmental projects. The ideal candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic, capable of working both independently and in a team. The role will involve travel (mainly in Ireland) and occasional overnight stays. This is a permanent, full-time role within a friendly, supportive environment that offers the successful candidate opportunities for career development in a multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering consultancy.
- Planning and implementation of field investigation groundwater programmes
- Supervision of intrusive site investigations
- Collection, management and interpretation of analytical data
- Preparation of interpretive reports, including contaminated land and hydrogeological risk assessments
- Hydrogeological Environmental Impact Assessments to form part of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs)
- Liaising with clients and subcontractors
- Detailed quantitative controlled waters risk assessment and modelling (desirable);
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Degree in Geology or related Earth Science with an MSc in Hydrogeology
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, most of which will have been gained within an environmental consultancy area
- Membership of a professional body preferable
- Knowledge of and experience in contaminated land/geo-environmental assessment
- Ability to work well in teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Full Clean driving Licence
The Packages Include:
• A competitive salary and benefits.
• Working closely with senior Staff Managers / Directors.
• Working on a wide range of projects.
• Opportunity to progress your career.
• Active Sports and Social Club.
• Accredited CPD Programme with support and mentoring.
• Company pension scheme.
• Financial support for further approved training.
Please send your CV to - - or by post to:
Malachy Walsh and Partners,
Mahon Technology Park,
Malachy Walsh and Partners is an equal opportunities employer.