RADAR Engineer-SAR, GMTI
Posted on Sep 17, 2019 by WSI Nationwide
RADAR Engineer-SAR, GMTI
Location: Aberdeen Maryland, regionally local preferred
Experience: All levels
Starting base salary $65,000 up to $105,000 first year
Clearance-minimum of Secret Clearance
Experience with SAR and GMTI radars
Experience with radar signal processing and RF design
Experience with radar modelling, simulation, and developing specifications
Experience with radar architectures and overseeing the design of radar systems and components
Experience with supporting radar test and evaluation both in simulated and live environments
Experience with MATLAB and radar simulation software desired
Ability to communicate radar details at both the technical level and program management level
Education BS EE or CS
Basic job description
1. Development of test plans, test procedures, schedules, and reports for laboratory and field tests/demonstrations.
2. Preparation of technical reports, technical briefings, technical drawings, performance work statements, system developmental schedules, performance specifications, and requirements documentation
3. providing technical oversight and systems engineering including any enhancements of the radar system(s), analysis of technical papers/proposals, planning and execution of demonstration/test events, evaluation/analysis of demonstration/test results, documenting plans/reports, coordination of installation at operational facilities
4. Support the Product Manager (PdM) as a radar engineer.
5. Leverage experience with US Army (military) radar systems, including synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and ground moving target indicator (GMTI) radars in support of the client.
6. Comprehend radar phenomenology, including hardware components, signal processing techniques, antenna design, modelling, and simulation to support both ground based and airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) radars.
7. Provide expertise to evaluate vendor proposed radar solutions, algorithms, and techniques
When resumes are received, the candidate is contacted if there is a match, the situation is thoroughly described and the candidate tells us how they would like us to proceed. No information leaves our office without prior approval.
This creates long term relationships, which we encourage.
WSI is a specialty recruiting organization with over twenty years experience and fees paid by our selected client companies, freeing our hands to find top level candidates for better projects all over the USA.