Cyber Security Engineer - Great culture! (100-150K) - NEW
Posted on Sep 17, 2019 by Responsive Search, Inc.
Direct hire - onsite Salary plus benefits and an outstanding culture!
If you have to work, why not work at one of the best places to work in Chicago? We are a technology company looking for someone with strong technical knowledge of Mac OS, Windows and ideally some Cloud environments - either Azure or AWS. We would love to find a strong customer-focused mindset with the ability to work independently and efficiently, while working with others to obtain cooperation internally and with outside parties.
- 3-7 years of experience in Information Security, Cyber Security, Vulnerability, Data Security, or related field.
- Comprehensive understanding of Vulnerability Management or Cyber Security methodologies and procedures, application and infrastructure vulnerability management solutions.
- Familiarization with patching processes and related technologies (eg SCCM, Ivanti DSM, Patch Manager, Kaseya, Jamf Pro, ManageEngine Desktop Central, and Kenna).
- Knowledge of and expertise with at least one of the following industry-standard vulnerability management tools. Nessus, Qualys, Nmap, Rapid7 Nexpose, Metasploit, Burp Suite, Fortify, or HP Webinspect. Preferrably Nessus solution.
- Knowledge of metrics and trending for vulnerability management functions
- Security+, GSEC a plus
- Perform assessments and correlate vulnerability data, in order to quickly identify risks.
- Produce reports on patches, exploits, and vulnerabilities.
- Develop, schedule, and execute automated security audits on infrastructure using industry standard security frameworks and tooling.
- Work with existing solution vendors (Nessus etc) as necessary; and identify potential solutions
- Recommend and track the application of fixes, security patches, and security updates.
- Build partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner.
- Develop and improve metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities, as well as reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to senior management.
- Maintain a minimum of industry best practices relative to organization's risk profile
- Document security procedures and policies.