Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2019 by CV-Library
Digitalization is changing everything. As the world's largest supplier of best-in-class equipment and technological process partner for the electronics industry with almost 15,000 employees, ASM Assembly Systems today supports electronics manufacturers all over the world in setting up their Integrated Smart Factory.
We are excited to be supporting the Mechanical Engineering team with a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team at the ASM UK Headquarters, Weymouth.
We have opportunities to join the Research and Development team. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer (SME) you will be working as part of a highly skilled team, actively involved in supporting the design and development of innovative world-class products.
This is a key role in supporting the machines and modules sector of the business which is primarily responsible for designing new products in line with company expectations and delivering to programme milestones. You will be working in a forward-thinking environment which benefits from continuous investment and the opportunity to be part of exciting new projects for the future on a global scale.
ASM are innovative international market leaders; therefore, it is imperative that our SME’s are confident in embracing change and enjoy growing ideas. You will have the passion to effectively deliver projects and have the flexibility to adapt and overcome any potential issues. You will be committed to leading and delivering timely solutions, managing designs through the product development lifecycle from a ‘blank sheet’ to completion into mainstream production. You will effectively communicate work estimations and update departments on delivery forecasts, lead times and key milestones. We pride ourselves on being able to accurately respond to business needs and enjoy being able to rapidly adapt at any stage in the design development process.
About ASM Assembly Systems
Smartphones, computers, networks, self-driving cars, intelligent machines, the latest medical advances, renewable energy – the digital transformation makes our lives easier, safer, and more comfortable.
ASM are at the centre of it all: The world's leading technology companies manufacture their products with innovative solutions from ASM.
ASM are the largest supplier for both hardware and software within the electronics industry. We are currently active in over 30 countries and hold over 1,400 high-tech patents. We are a $2.5bn turnover organisation with over 14,800 employees from many different cultures worldwide.
The Weymouth site is based within 1 mile off the South coast, providing great opportunities for employees to experience the amazing work/life benefits of being based in such an amazing part of the world, enhanced every more as this role offers a flexi-time working pattern!
ASM expect a lot, but also offer a lot of freedom, development opportunities and a highly rewarding working environment. You will receive great benefits including:
* Flexi-time– ASM recognise the benefits that a more flexible approach can offer the business. ASM offer full time, non-production, employees the ability to work flexibly, to enable the workforce to balance their work and personal commitments. Employees working in Production have a banked hours scheme, more details are available on starting with ASM. ASM offer part time employees contracted hours to suit their individual needs. ASM also have a range of policies in place to help support you with your family needs.
* Pensions– Knowing how important saving for retirement is, ASM match personal contributions up to 4%. If you’d like to find out more, ASM can set up a meeting with our Independent Financial Advisors.
* Tax Free Childcare– The UK government offers tax free childcare, setting up an account is easy just let us know if you need any support with this.
* Annual leave– ASM offer a great starting point of 25 days per year for staff, increasing to a maximum of 30 days, this amount is pro-rata. ASM employees can ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ up to 5 days of holiday entitlement.
* Cycle To Work Scheme– ASM know that many employees cycle to work. ASM work with the Cycle2Work scheme which provides you with tax free bikes. Unlike most schemes the cap on the ASM scheme is £5000. You have to be on a permanent ASM contract in order to get this benefit.
* Corporate Gym Rates– ASM have teamed up with a local gym, which is also on the Granby Industrial Estate. The corporate rate is only £15 per month.
* Health Cash Plan– ASM know that private healthcare can be pricey. So, ASM have partnered with a market leader to make it more affordable.
* Den Plan– ASM have partnered with Den plan to provide more affordable dental costs. There are a variety of levels of cover available to select from.
* Saving Scheme– ASN have an agreement with a leading supplier to help you save.
We are growing our team and are looking for experienced professionals, you may originate from an (aerospace, oil and gas, rail) are these the right people? or Special purpose machinery, robotics, mechatronics, high speed high accuracy electro mechanical systems background. We are happy to train and develop you to be the best (and have a great team to support you!) In return you will bring the following skills and experience to us:
* Degree in a technical discipline, technical engineer, master craftsman (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or automation technology) or comparable specialist knowledge with long period of professional experience.
* Understanding of the functional interdependencies of mechanical, electromechanical and mechatronic systems.
* Design experience in the field of manufacturing processes, costs and tolerances and assembly (DFA, DFM)
* Confidence in using the 3D CAD system, the EDM system and SAP/R3.
* Experience of using NX11/12, Team Centre and ANSYS would be advantageous.
* Ability to work across disciplines with internal and external partners involving complex projects.
* Skilled in Microsoft Office applications including advanced Excel.
* Working knowledge of product development lifecycles.
* Great communication skills and a team player.
* An understanding of SMT solutions.
In return we can offer the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and an experienced and innovative team. We offer development and progression opportunities and are looking for someone who wants to build or enhance their career.
Of course, the package is important, so we offer a highly competitive base salary with bonus opportunity
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£38 - £41 Hourly
£38k - £45k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£42k - £52k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual