Med-Surg Registered Nurse (RN)
Posted on Sep 16, 2019 by Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
For 50 years, Memorial Hospital has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 454-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, and Memorial's maternity center, Special Beginnings.
For us, it's all about people. We are committed to advancing nursing across the organization by nurturing our nurses through education, professional development and defined pathways for personal and professional growth. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries.
Get started on the right foot with our comprehensive orientation process.
Making a move? We offer relocation assistance.
Specialty specific educators provide valuable mentorship.
Enjoy working in state of the art/newly renovated nursing units.
We value continued learning and offer tuition reimbursement.
You will benefit greatly from our unit-based coucils.
Our wide-ranging benefit package is designed to empower your total well-being.
Dedicated to nursing excellence and patient-centered care, we have a collaborative approach to quality and safety.
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
- Provides and documents patient care based on the nursing process in compliance with hospital policies and procedures. Plans, delegates and coordinates the nursing care of assigned patients. Utilizes basic physical and psychosocial assessment skills to identify actual nursing diagnosis/clinical problems based on assessment of patient and unique age specific needs.
- The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Provides appropriate patient/family education, per department and hospital policy and procedures
- Current State of Florida RN License required, or recognized compact licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- 1 year of recent hospital experience
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.