Senior Java Software Engineer - 3 yrs exp
Posted on Sep 16, 2019 by Job Trim
Java. Spring. Angular. Python. PostgreSQL. AI tech. AWS. These are just a few of the technologies you'll use as a Senior Software Engineer. Work with clients to better understand their complex and challenging problems. Design solutions using relational and columnar data stores, micro-services and cloud architectures, text analytics, and more. Your work will help reinvent the way companies manage risk, compliance, and data.
If you're curious about how technology should work and enjoy solving problems, this is the right space for you. Use your creativity, share your point of view with clients and colleagues, and have enough grit to see the project to its end. It's like a puzzle. You know there are multiple ways to solve it. Every tool will be at your disposal. And you'll be able to test your enterprise software solution ideas with other experienced professionals in the organization.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create innovative software designs and accompanying prototypes for Platform solution requirements, enabling further implementation.
- Develop highly secure, perform-ant and maintainable code based on software designs for our client's Platform solutions.
- Leverage automated build and deploy processes to create and execute integration tests.
- Identify, fix and communicate defects throughout the software engineering process.
- Collaborate with teammates and clients, from requirements review and design to implementation, testing, deployment and triage.
- Provide leadership for a team of software engineers, reviewing designs and code to enable continued growth and to foster a culture of engineering excellence.
- At least 3-5 years of progressive software engineering experience
- Experience in application design and implementation
- Java development experience
- Experience with enterprise application development
- Experience with AWS and micro-services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar track is preferred
- Included in our client's Development Program - a guided program consisting of targeted learning opportunities and mentor-ship to assist you in career growth, personal development and opportunity for promotion and advancement.
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- 401(k) company match
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually
- 3 weeks paid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a child
- Wellness reimbursement for gym memberships, equipment, and apparel
- Access to free on-site fitness center in Clear Lake location
- Company match of up to $1,000 annually for charitable donations
- Free on-site covered parking.
- Access to company dining facility in Clear Lake location.