Senior Software Engineer (C#/.NET)
Posted on Sep 16, 2019 by Altria
What will you be doing?
• You will lead the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing-based IS systems
• You'll work with teams to deliver Manufacturing Execution System (MES) integrated solutions following IS Manufacturing Standards and industry standard methodologies
• You will communicate complex technical information to business customers and project teams in an effective and concise manner
• You'll effectively work at various levels within project teams and client organizations to understand business needs and system requirements
• You will handle multiple priorities in a changing environment
• You will be responsible for hands-on systems design and development along with troubleshooting of complex technical issues
What does your background and experience look like?
• You possess a B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or have relevant experience
• You have at least 2 years of confirmed Information Systems development experience (manufacturing experience preferred)
• Your technical skills:
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Knowledge of single page application development using libraries like Bootstrap and Kendo UI
• Knowledge of plant floor control systems preferred
• Experience with RESTful service architecture
• You have a passion for learning new skills and technologies
Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nat Sherman. And we have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation's leading e-vapor company. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.