Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Sep 14, 2019 by Source Technology
We are looking to hire a Sr. DevOps Engineer who will support the Linux infrastructure within our clients operations as we build a highly virtualized and distributed transaction processing platform. The systems administration team, working in conjunction with development and release engineering teams, employs an Agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of deployment of products and infrastructure.
The role includes on-call responsibilities on a rotation shared across with the global Operations and Systems Administration teams.
- Build, implement and maintain the virtual machines using DevOps tools, process and procedures
- Provide systems administration support for production and testing environments. This includes troubleshooting and improving existing infrastructure and processes
- Effectively utilize internal ticketing system to manage work load and provide regular status updates on assigned projects and tickets
- Provide technical support to Development, Release Engineering and Customer Support organizations as needed.
- Use available tools to monitor, manage and track system performance to insure customer satisfaction and provide data in support of customer queries and feed to performance and capacity planning.
- Work with security team to maintain the security and integrity of the network and systems.
2+ years designing, analysing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues with Kubernetes and Azure based Servers in a multi-tiered and service-oriented application architecture requiring 24x7 availability
3 - 5+ years' experience with DevOps automation configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Kubernetes)
3 - 5+ years in supporting systems using several of the following:
- Virtualized environments (VMWare, AWS, Rackspace)
- Linux based databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Proficiency in bash Scripting and additional language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
Solid understanding of basic networking design (VLANs, IPSec, and load balancing).
Capable of multitasking, prioritize multiple assignments, work with managers and team leads to delegate tasks to peers perform research independently
Ability to speak and write clear English in order to facilitate clear, unambiguous communications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.