Cognos TM1 Senior Developer
Posted on Sep 14, 2019 by SystemsAccountants
Join an international stock listed business within their growing IT organization within the Group function as the go-to Cognos TM1 Solution Expert.
You will be the Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) for all functional and technical aspects of the tooling and have great visibility within the organization to implement new changes, processes and developments.
The Senior TM1 Developer is responsible for developing the internal TM1 platform within the group as the company drives forward with international expansion and a range of initiatives to optimize the EPM, BI and wider Information Systems landscape. Not only will you be the technical expert, but you will also partner with the business, gather requirements, run workshops to support the application design. You will have the support of external consultants and as well during projects and for additional support.
- Develop the TM1 system and enhance the business models
- Manage the product life cycle including further implementations and upgrades
- Support the user community with any TM1 related issues
- Review, develop and quality control all financial reports, reporting solutions
- Carry out continual improvement assessments and complete any change requests to improve application performance
- Train users on all new enhancements of TM1 and related applications
- Testing all new changes and improvements including UAT
- Coordinate with wider IT teams with server and hardware configuration install needs
- Minimum of 4+ years of related experience in either an end user or consulting role
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Information Systems
- Must have a strong development and modelling background using Cognos TM1/IBM Planning Analytics including expertise in all aspects of rules, Feeders and TI processes
- Ideally a strong knowledge of finance and accounting
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- International experience in a dispersed global team environment is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills are required, ideally VBA and macro development
- Naturally curious and always looking to improve
- Passion for analytics
- Must have fluent English
This role will suit someone seeking a position with great freedom and opportunity to explore and change the systems landscape. If you are a current consultant, seeking to move in-house, this could be a great switch to a dynamic and fast pace environment which provides the stability you need without the 9-5 mentality.
For more information on this opportunity contact Geoff Coleman of SystemsAccountants, the leading EPM and Finance Systems recruitment firm. Please call (see below) or email your CV to (see below)