Posted on Sep 14, 2019 by Mpower Plus UK Ltd
Please find below the specifications for the role and let me know if interested.
Role: " AS400 Expert"
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contract duration:- 6 months (Subject to extend)
Language:- English & German
Expected Technical & Functional Skills:
- Good knowledge and understanding of IBM i(power Systems) OS Release Upgrades, installation of licensed products and procedures.
- AS400(Power Systems) PTF Installation procedures and administration.
- Working Knowledge of Journaling.
- Knowledge of Replication software such as MIMIX, iTera
- Working knowledge of AIX Operating System, management and fixes(a must).
- Working with AIX jobs and investigating errors.
- The Administration of AS400 hardware/Power Systems.
- Working knowledge of BRMS, Backup Configuration, Tape library Handling.
- User profile Management, Security Audit Reports
- Troubleshooting of Software and Hardware problems
- Management of Subsystems, working with Job queues, Output queues
- Working with HMC update/upgrade and LPAR activities
- Troubleshooting IBM I TCP/IP issues and configuration. Working with sFTP
Roles & Responsibilities
- Flexible to work in 24/7 environment. Should be available to respond to halts(a must)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical, problem solving skills and reporting skills.
- Work with users across EU.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Monitoring and analysing the performance of upgraded system, keeping track of all LPARS and their performance, reliability, risks, and benefits including AIX LPARS.
- Dynamically reallocate resources using HMC.
- Customer focus - Attention to detail, seeks to help and co-operate with customers in order to develop productive, professional relationships with Customers (internal/external).
- Problem solving and Decision Making - Resolve unusual or highly complex problems, with the involvement of others as required. Able to identify solutions and explore alternatives outside familiar approaches
- Result orientated - Develop logical, realistic plan to meet objectives. Tenacious and delivery focused in approach. Continually seeks to make the area in which they work more efficient and effective. Continually strives to make the area in which they work more efficient and effective.
- Excellent written and oral skills, clear and concise, keeps manager informed of work progression at sensible intervals. Engage; manage third party vendors and third parties as appropriate.
- Excellent knowledge in Cross functional services
- Develop and Share work status report
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Working in Client business hours
- On-call support if required (a must).
- Must be willing to work with other Team members.
Must be willing to provide the best customer service to all our clients( a must have)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€540 - €540 Daily