Posted on Sep 14, 2019 by Capita Resourcing IT
Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: Leasepoint (Aircraft Leasing product)
Report to: Operations Manager
Adhering to company QA processes the employee will work in a medium size Application Development/Implementation Team taking direction from team leads to help maintain & expand our products and supporting implementations. The employee will primarily be involved in the production of Functional Specifications for both client and company sponsored (product) development items. While they won't be coding they will require understanding of VB.NET and SQL so that they can analyse the existing codebase.
Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- Write Functional Specifications and Design documents.
- Ensuring relevant functional requirements have been described in the Functional Specification.
- Extracting and interpreting business rules from Legacy code documenting the rules in the Functional Specification.
- Work as part of the Application Development Team to design new functionality in our Aircraft Leasing Management software product.
- Writing System Test Plans/Test Cases.
- Work with Development Team on existing functionality to help maintain & expand our products.
- Work with implementation team on activities to support implementation - Reporting, Dataloads, Interfaces.
- Work with Report Designers such as SSRS.
- Work with clients in Ireland and abroad.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Relevant Third Level Degree
- Writing Functional Specifcations.
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly focused
- Excellent motivation skills
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks
- Good client facing & customer service skills/experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Capable of clearly communicating and presenting technical concepts and issues
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Aviation industry knowledge
- Professional certification(s) desired
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Business Objects
- SQL Server
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.