Scientific Associate - Mouse Genotyping and Cryopreservation
Posted on Sep 14, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Only English-written CVs will be accepted.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
For our client in Basel we are looking for a Scientific Associate - Mouse Genotyping and Cryopreservation for a 5-month contract.
Duration: 5 months
Possible extension: up to 18 months
Start date: ASAP
End date: 08.03.2021
Conducting genotyping analysis and perform cryopreservation/re-vitalization of genetically modified mouse lines. On a project base, supporting initial genetic characterization of newly generated mouse lines.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and execution of experiments to determine the genotype of genetically modified mice according to established protocols
- Performing embryo freezing, sperm freezing and in vitro fertilization (IVF) experiments (including in vivo work) according to established protocols
- Contribute to the implementation and set-up/design of new experimental methods in genetic characterization
- Ensuring accurate documentation and reporting of generated data
- General organization and maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure (eg ordering of consumables, ensuring periodic maintenance of laboratory equipment)
Lab Technician (apprenticeship) or BSc/MSc level with relevant experience in molecular biology and in vivo work, preferably in the areas of genotyping and mouse model preservation.
Fluent in German and/or English
- Working knowledge of mouse model types, transgene structures and strategies (eg inducible KO), Mendelian genetics
- At least two or more years of experience in one of the following areas
- Experience in designing and setting up specific PCR protocols that allow unambiguous determination of mouse genotypes
- Experience in embryo/sperm freezing and in vitro fertilization (IVF) experiments (including in vivo work)
- Experience in qPCR methods (SYBR, Taqman, ddPCR) and NGS library preparation is a plus
- Theoretical knowledge about the process of transgenic and knockout mouse generation
We offer you a competitive salary and an interesting challenge in a well named company which will benefit your career.
If you are the person we're looking for please submit your application. We're looking forward to getting to know you.