Posted on Sep 13, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client develops many different kinds of ECUs for Jaguar Land Rover (JLR). Their Vehicle Components office in Coventry has an opening for a Resident Software Engineer with proven experience within the Automotive industry to support customer requests/issues, and technical discussions with the customer.
Software Engineer Role:
* Support local debugging activities (SW issue reproduction, log capture/analysis, and problem solving).
* Good SW background in Automotive industry.
* Perform root-cause analysis, use data to identify the scope and scale of impact.
* Provide technical support for SW issues debug and resolutions.
* Provide oversight in technical SW design reviews for other team members.
* Contribute to the development of product / system architecture based on elicitation and understanding of client needs/requirements.
* Support 0km SW issues and field SW issues.
* Work with SW Engineering team in HQ (Korea) and with our 3rd Parties (worldwide) to support SW implementation.
* Active involvement in regular and irregular communications including meetings with customers is needed.
* Perform validation test based on test processes, and reporting/Managing validation results.
Software Engineer Requirements:
* Experience in Telematics or in Automotive (at least 1 year of experience is recommended).
* Experience in CAN networks and taking CAN traces.
* Experience in Jaguar Land Rover system and processes.
* Experience working with QNX-based hypervisor SW platform is a plus.
* BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Understanding of JLR SW development.
* Positive, proactive attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results.
* Knowledge of software engineering and process maturity models (e.g., Automotive SPICE).
* Good written and verbal communication skills required.
* Fluent English mandatory, additional language fluency will be a plus.
Applications are welcomed from Candidates who possess the relevant skills and experience as detailed in the job description.
Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of skills and experience need not apply.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK before making an application and it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of such eligibility
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £50k Annual
£45 - £60 Hourly
£18k - £50k Annual
£45 - £46 Hourly
£30 - £31.3 Hourly
£30k - £50k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual