Senior Engineer Manager - Machine Learning/AI
Posted on Sep 13, 2019 by Mason Alexander
Would you like to lead teams working to improve people's health using new applications in machine learning and artificial intelligence?
As a Senior Engineer Manager, you will head a team using cutting-edge machine learning/AI to design and deliver new healthcare solutions for the clinical technology provider.
Your strategic management approach will be pivotal for driving new business decisions and be supported by your expertise and experience in leadership and new technologies.
Candidates with academic or industry experience in the following emerging technologies are invited to apply: AI, Speech AI, Natural Language Understanding, Deep Learning, Classical AI (search and planning), Reinforcement Learning, Bayesian Statistics, Causal Inference, Genomics, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Augmented or Virtual Reality.
- Provide leadership and accountability for performance and direction at a management level
- Drive and support the technology roadmap using modern stack technologies
- Continually review evolving solutions to provide new direction and enhancement opportunities for the company
- Set the direction and drive growth of a large group of IT professionals supporting development projects and programs in a large matrixed organization
- Regularly communicate project timelines, accomplishments and outcomes to key stakeholders at an international level
- Build and sustain a high-performing organization with responsibility for recruitment, retention, performance management, recognition and related human capital activities
- Develop plans to meet short and long-term objectives, monitoring and ensuring quality results
- Take proactive steps to ensure organizational alignment, cohesion and support amongst teams
- Report to senior management to ensure projects and teams are on-track to achieve targets and give recommendations for new solutions to improve efficiency
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Fluency in Python, R, Java, C++, Scala or other Object Oriented languages
- Demonstrated experience in the fundamentals, practical application, and best practices of AI/ML
- Data Quality Management & Testing experience
- Relevant track record of delivering production software
- Test Driven Design & implementation delivering automated tests alongside code (unit, integration, performance)
- Test Dashboard creation, monitoring, alerting
- Micro services/SOA/componentized design, development & architectural best practices
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, MPI, or other distributed frameworks
- Strong software design and architecture skills with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
- API Design Patterns & Implementation, SDK Development
- Experience developing & delivering applications within a CI/CD & Agile driven environment & associated best Practices
- Experience working with Dev/Model Ops
- Experiences working in HA environments, designing for resiliency, 5 X 9's uptime etc.
- KPI driven design, application Instrumentation for system health monitoring & ongoing business analysis
- Integration of disparate systems through API boundaries & performance optimization of same
- Qualification in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Optimization or related discipline
- Academic publications in AI/ML at top tier conferences or journals
- Working Knowledge of Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar other learning frameworks
- Experience in Healthcare