Information Technology - Intern (Part-time)
Posted on Sep 13, 2019 by Klein Tools
Address: 450 Bond Street
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
We are seeking an Intern to support our Information Technology Department in Lincolnshire, IL!
The Intern - Information Technology position is responsible for asset management duties within the Information Technology department. This position will provide the student with real life business experience, knowledge, and skills that are relevant to classroom education.
This is a part-time role (15-20 hours per week). Intern should be familiar with Microsoft Windows, imaging and upgrading desktop and laptop computers. Intern may also assist with running Anti-Virus scans on workstations and resolving any issues.
Candidates should also be familiar with Microsoft Excel to track and filter data.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Handle information of highly sensitive and confidential nature. Ensure security of information at all times by following information security policy and procedures.
- Follow established procedures to apply current Windows operating system on new computers or to upgrade operating system on existing computers.
- Maintain Asset Tracking repository as imaging/upgrade work is completed.
- Install required business software on computers.
- Copy user data from current computer to new computer during the refresh process.
- Use various office equipment such as printers, phone system, conferencing equipment, etc.
- Communicate via email, instant messaging, telephone or in person to coordinate pickup and delivery of assets.
- Run Anti-Virus scans on workstations and resolves any issues.
- Provide current status information for all open issues as assigned. Identify the need for open-issue closure or status update.
- Perform special assignments/duties as required.
Qualified applicants will possess a High School Diploma and will be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program.
Comprehensive knowledge of Windows PC and Microsoft Office applications.
Familiarity with installing and supporting Windows 10. Able to read and understand technical policies and procedures. Proficient in updating Excel spreadsheets.
Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, proper phone etiquette, and the ability to work in a group effectively. Must have the ability to deal with all levels of people both inside the organization and out of the firm. Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and shift priorities in a fast-paced environment. Must have excellent follow-through and be organized and detail-oriented.
Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.