Infrastructure Engineer (Deployment & Support)
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Garrison
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison's strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over 50,000 employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we're focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Overview of the role
A fantastic new opportunity has come up within the Customer Success team here at Garrison, where you will contribute to all aspects of customer success, overseeing successful deployments of our ultra-secure solutions to client sites, as well as driving through a strong return on investment for our customers.
Through best in class support and customer service you will focus on turning every customer into an advocate of Garrison, encouraging successful word-of-mouth recommendation to support long-term growth for our business.
The successful candidate will be a sharp, technically literate, collaborative and commercially astute with the ability to articulately consult with technical and non-technical stakeholders both internally and externally at all levels, and be comfortable with occasional remote working and on-call support (out of hours).
In terms of background you may well have come from a 2nd - 4th line network/infrastructure support role with strong customer facing exposure, with the plan to move into something more client-centric - we can offer you the opportunity and support required to transition into this type of role.
- Developing a detailed understanding of Garrison's products
- Being able to articulate Garrison's secure web browsing concept in simple terms
- Engaging with customer technical teams to help inform their High Level Design (HLD) documentation
- Supporting customer technical teams to plan installation and deployment, converting HLDs into low level architecture
- Providing ongoing support to customers and helping manage associated ticket queues
- Undertaking root cause analysis on any issues before working with product engineers to plan a resolution
- Engaging with Garrison's engineering teams to discuss product improvements and roadmap items from a functional, usability and performance perspective
- Conceiving and helping create customer success material (documentation, training videos etc.)
- Assisting the sales and marketing team at UK and international industry events
- Being part of the 24x7 on-call remote support Rota (qualifying for additional inconvenience allowance)
- Visiting customer sites (will include international travel).
Skills and experience
You'll be perfect if you have the following experience/skills-
- A strong understanding of computer networking; in particular: o internet technologies such as DNS, NTP, HTTPS, SSL certificates and cloud platforms o the supporting OSI stack - TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing and switching o enterprise security infrastructure, e.g. proxy and firewall technology, syslog platforms o security best practice
- Practical experience implementing, integrating and debugging networks using the technologies listed above
- Experience working directly with end customers in a support capacity e.g. taking calls, documenting the issue, escalating as required, working with internal teams and providing a resolution
- Practical experience implementing, integrating and debugging networks using the technologies listed above.
And we are delighted to have team members who show the following qualities-
- Able to collaborate with team members
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable, enjoy prospecting challenges and delivering results
- Calm under pressure and able to maintain a diplomatic manner even when being challenged
- Able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
What we can offer you in return
- Competitive salary
- Regular social events
- Perkbox discounts and freebies
- Personal annual training budget
- Flexible working hours and regular working from home
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depends on employee minimum contribution)
- Life assurance
- Critical illness cover
- Share option scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- And free fruit, tea and coffee in our offices!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.