DevOps - Infrastructure Support (Java/Linux) - 6-9 months contract (in
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for a "DevOps/Infrastructure Support" to start ASAP a 6-9 months contract (initial) in Luxembourg. Our client is an international company (EN-speaking environment),a world-famous and a great reference. The perspective is multiple-years.
The DevOps-focus' here is more on "DEV-side" from the "DEV-OPS-approach", means Deployment, Continuous Integration, it's not a "pure" Linux-Admin-position...
In order to support the client in the deployment and maintenance we are is looking for support in the following areas:
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Definition and Implementation of work packages to support and maintain the Satellite Applicatiohns system architecture (hardware installation, networks, software deployment, client rollout)
- Operation and maintenance of the Hyperic monitoring environment and Spring insight
- Experience with automation/configuration management using the latest tools.
- Guidance on the use of the application monitoring solution to accomplish the tests
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Definition and documentation of tasks to ensure the Satellite Applications operation on the work level Tasks include: Failover switch and BCP support, client rollout, bug fix deployment, server upgrades
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Second Level on-call support to assist the teams on application or system issues outside office hours.
- DevOps life cycle, automation, orchestration, and current best practices.
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, etc.)
- Java development - basic skills (log file analysis, packaging, etc)
- Continuous Delivery tools (docker, puppet, etc.)
- Application platform as a Service
- Virtualization concepts
- Monitoring and distributed logging
- Backup and restore
Hardware and Network
- Understanding of Proxies, Firewalls
- File share access
- Rich client, Application Server, Enterprise Service Bus
- Production, test and development environment definition
- Load balancing, failover
- Release management, software rollout techniques, deployment
- VMWare ESX Server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, CentOS
- Tomcat 7/8, VMWare vFabric tcServer, Hyperic, Spring Insight
- Java 7/8
- Apache HTTP Server Load Balancing
- Oracle database 11g/12c (Workspace manager, Data guard configuration)
- Ability to document environments and procedures
- team skills (working closely together with developers and analysts)
- English fluent (spoken and written)
- German and/or French is a plus
Key items of the system architecture are:
- Eclipse RCP Java client deployed or distributed via Citrix
- Spring tcServer application tier with application Servers and a Spring Integration Service Bus Middleware, Load balancing, Spring Inside
- Oracle 11g (12c) database using Oracle workspace manager, Oracle data guard
- Server deployment in two sites (primary, backup)
- Windows Software Client
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server
Hardware/Operating systems/other applications
- Windows 7/10 clients
- VM Ware ESX Servers with VMWare High availability setup, Redhat/CentOS Linux
- SAN Storage
- Windows environments
- Nexus Repository, Atlassian JIRA and Stash, ARIS
- Continuous integration, Hudson/Jenkins
- Continuous delivery, Docker, Puppet
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- Place of Work: 100% on-site.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.