Senior Java Software Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Source Technology
Senior Java Software Engineer - Financial Services Consultancy
Senior Java Software Engineer is sought by a leading financial services consultancy in Zurich to join their highly talented Consulting Engineering Team. My client boasts a progressive technology stack and are engaged in innovation and data science driven data projects hence their desire to find a Senior Java Software Engineer well practised across Back End software engineering who can take ownership in developing solutions distributed infrastructures taking ownership in concurrency and scaling solutions to a micro services architecture to a Spring Boot framework.
As Senior Java Software Engineer you will play a pivotal role in the scrum team, influencing the design elements and going onsite at Banking clients to implement solutions. Fundamentally as Senior Java Software Engineer you will be grounded in methodologies and have a passion for high performance and pioneering innovative solutions. There is an expectation that you will be an advocate of progressive techniques and have tangible experiences in utilising tools as well as being a champion of Test-Driven-Development (TDD), as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD). My client will be keen to see you have sound knowledge in the application of methods and techniques of software engineering such as process and data modelling for relational database master systems and NoSQL datastores. If you have had experiences with Avaloq or any other Banking software platforms that would be advantageous but by no means a pre-requite.
Consequentially a Senior Software Engineer is sought who is passionate in delivering high quality results, keen to work in a highly collaborative culture as well as being highly motivated and open minded to problem solving and technology innovation. Must be open to the prospect of working away from the central Zurich office for 2 days a week. My client has partnerships across Switzerland and Germany so there might be the prospect of international travel at some stages. To be considered you must speak and write German to a professional standard and be happy to be interviewed in this.
Senior Java Software Engineer permanent profile required:
- Well practised in designing and engineering solutions in Java environments,
- Accomplished experienced in designing and engineering microservices architectures and RESTful APIs/Message Protocols.
- Well versed in design patterns, TDD and CI/CD.
- Experiences in developing/designing data models for RDBMS and NoSQL data stores.
- An open-minded approach to technology and methodologies.
- If you have experiences with Avaloq or other Banking software platforms this would be beneficial but by no means a pre-requisite.
- Must have strong written and spoken communication skills in German and English to a professional level.
- Ideally from a Financial Services background or an interest in Banking/Financial Services as a domain.
- Agile development experiences and a desire to contribute to a growing organisation.
- Good academic background in either Computer Science or a similar qualification.
Senior Java Software Engineer permanent contract details include.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: 130,000CHF - 150,000CHF PA plus bonus package
Location: Zurich, Switzerland with occasional travel.
Interview times: ASAP
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Java Software Engineer opportunity please do so via the link.