Senior Software Developer
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you proficient in Python and Django?
Then please read on……
A Manchester based client is looking for software developers proficient in Python and Django to help build their globally distributed massively scalable systems to handle their internet traffic and serve as the backbone of their machine learning analytics environments.
As their product develops, they require someone to help take their products, and by extension, their engineering, to the next level.
You have a good engineering mind set - you know how to build robust scalable software systems and love solving complex problems as part of a team.
You are proficient in writing pure Python code as well as working with the Django web framework.
You are comfortable with writing high-quality maintainable code, Linux system management, and database management and design, for scalable, high-availability web applications.
You genuinely enjoy working as part of a team and respect your colleagues. You are prepared to listen but you are also happy to take the initiative and demonstrate by example
They are a psychometrics company with a breakthrough product looking to disrupt the HR industry. They are passionate about helping people, and companies, to make more objective, informed and unbiased decisions when it comes to career moves and hiring. They achieve this with a behaviour-based assessments and in-house team of psychologists, data scientists and engineers all working together.
Their team of research psychologists are at the cutting edge of what is possible and are always looking to push the envelope. They believe technology underpins everything they do and they’re looking to hire strong engineers to help them develop the platforms that will integrate their continually growing game data with the behavioural models their psychologists are developing - all at scale!
Do you think you have what it takes?
They process large amounts of data from the behaviour-based assessments and then put it all through their analytics engines to derive insights into personality traits and behaviours.
They do not have specialists here - everybody is an engineer and expected to understand all aspects of building solid production systems at scale.
They believe in automation first - nothing is rolled out unless it is fully automated.
They believe in egoless programming - everybody is equal and they value learning from and helping each other. They enjoy solving hard problems but they recognise they cannot do so as individuals.
* A community-driven and relaxed work culture, which you'll fit right into.
* A regular games night and social events.
* A chance to work with a standout and disruptive product, within an exciting tech stack.
* A voice in your team where you can be heard and have a direct influence on how we create our products.
* Competitive salary ranging from £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience.
* Core working hours that allow flexibility when life happens.
* A central location that's easy to commute to.
* One day per month as an "Own Day" where you get to work on a novel project of your choosing.
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
* A dynamic working office in Manchester where you can shut out the world with your headphones on.
* Free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly events and talks where you can learn from other local businesses.
* An equal opportunities employer.
Please contact us on (phone number removed) or send across your CV immediately by clicking on the Apply Button Below
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £50k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£50k - £50k Annual