Project Manager - Enterprise Management System
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Position: Project Manager (4-6 month Contract)
Location: Chicago, IL
Looking for an IT Project Manager in Enterprise Management systems, Financial, Human Resources, Time Tracking, Billing. All about soft skills. Driving projects Any Document Management system DMS Industry experience a big plus.
The Project Manager (PM) role requires a results-driven professional who is highly organized, with a keen attention to detail, who can effectively communicate to all levels of the organization and has a strong ability to lead and solve complex problems. The PM is expected to complete multifaceted program and project assignments with limited direction and has the autonomy to make decisions and recommendations regarding assigned projects, in accordance with Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. The Project Manager will have accountability to drive the performance of cross-functional teams involved in the planning and delivery of projects. The individual must implement effective and efficient business solutions, perform management and oversight of complex projects, and provide ongoing strategic direction to project teams.
- Leads multiple simultaneous cross-functional programs from inception through to deployment.
- Interacts with a variety of business and IT stakeholders as a peer and trusted advisor including multiple interactions with Senior Staff/C-Suite.
- Leads project meetings, providing timely recap and manages the action items outside of meetings.
- Develops and executes against work breakdown structures (WBS) for each project.
- Creates and shares timelines/WBS at the right level and understand how to show high level or milestones to Senior Leaders on projects.
- Executes assigned project efforts in accordance with the Company's project management methodology.
- Manages resources and escalates appropriately if not getting response needed.
- Actively utilizes Company's Eclipse PPM system to hold timeline/WBS, issues/risks, financials and status message on a daily/standard basis to reflect current state as Real Time as possible.
- Assigns and tracks resources across project efforts in conjunction with functional managers.
- Influences project team and stakeholders to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Escalates known issues/risks to project success to manager as appropriate when at an impasse where time, cost or resources are affected.
- Manages a vendor assessment which includes creating a request for proposal (RFP), coordinating multiple vendor demonstrations, assisting the Business Partner with scoring and selecting the vendor and finally working with Strategic Sourcing to finalize/negotiate contract.
10+ years with a background in consulting, business analysis and process design. Bachelor's Degree in related field required. Master's Degree is a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of at least one technology (eg, architecture, design).
- Understands multiple projects in order to integrate them into business solutions.
- Articulate tech jargon and translate tech concepts to business sponsors.
- Microsoft Project
- Proficiency with Visio diagrams and decision trees
- Eclipse PM Software a plus; JIRA issue management software a plus
- Enterprise Management Systems; Financial, Human Resources, Time Tracking, Billing
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Document Management System (DMS)