3rd Shift SOC Analyst
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
3rd Shift SOC Analysts
Location: Chicago IL; Nashua, NH; or Albueruq, NM
Looking for a candidate that is flexible to work nights. 10:00pm to 7:00am or 8:00pm to 8:00am etc. Must be a go getter and be willing to be trained. 1-2 years SOC support must have a networking background. OS Firewalls any security product knowledge high plus.
This is a 24x7x365 Network Operations Control environment and you WILL be required to work days, swings, overnights and/or weekends.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience, Bachelor's degree a plus.
- Must have a willingness to learn and be willing to take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
- Must be comfortable with the use of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, IE etc
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as good telephone skills and etiquette
- Understand the importance of working in a team environment
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with networks, network management technologies, or experience within a NOC environment.
- Working knowledge of OSI and Networking models, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IDP/IDS, Linux, and Windows platforms.
- Exposure to troubleshooting tools and techniques including traffic analyzers such as Wireshark, SNMP utilities, and CLI commands.
- Solid understanding of modern IP Networking (v4 or v6) a requirement.
- Desire to work in an immersive and collaborative environment on a wide array of security-related aspects.
- Position is an excellent opportunity to grow in knowledge and skill through practical, classroom, and manufacturer-led training and experience.
- Experience and/or certifications in the areas of security incident handling, intrusion prevention, compliance, and Firewalling.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following manufacturers and platforms highly desired: F5 Big-IP, JunOS, Checkpoint, Bluecoat, Palo Alto, Riverbed, and Sourcefire.
- Working knowledge of monitoring elements such as SNMP, syslog, WMI, and open-source OR enterprise monitoring is required. 1-3 years of practical linux experience and skills required.