Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Chromaflo Technologies
Summary of Position:
The primary responsibility of this position is to troubleshoot and correct mechanical, electrical, and control issues encountered throughout the course of a manufacturing shift. This position is also responsible for executing PM's and inspections as determined by the Maintenance Supervisor and carrying out any work as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of five years as a Maintenance Mechanic. Familiarity with industrial electrical maintenance and general aptitude for mechanical troubleshooting. Experience with batch processing and milling operations a plus.
- Awareness of hazardous situations and demonstration of safe work habits.
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical diagrams, schematics, and instructions; able to apply to the troubleshooting of equipment.
- Ability to use and understand the operation of the drill press, metal lathe, and surface grinder; able to read and understand the measuring tools used for the equipment.
- Can react appropriately during plant power outage or emergency situations.
- Industrial electrical maintenance experience; County-certified preferred.
- Ability to test electrical voltages up to 480V/3 phase.
- Fabrication and electrical wire welding experience; welding certification preferred.
- Can service filters, belts, and motors on rooftop air handler units.
- Possess leadership qualities.
- Reflect a positive, cooperative work ethic.
- Willingness to attend outside training classes or seminars.
- Must be able to work off-shifts.
- Able to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Bend, stand, for extended periods of time and withstand exposure to heat and cold. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Complies with safety rules and regulations, attends safety meetings and training, inspects work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiates actions to correct them. Reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
- Troubleshoot and repair rotating equipment, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical power distribution, controls, packaging equipment, and utilities to the plant.
- Perform and document routine PM's and all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections, including scale verifications and hoist inspections .
- Assist the Maintenance and Shift Supervisors in meeting the daily goals as established by Plant Manager.
- Assist Supervisor in performance of safety inspections.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or management.
- Measure of Performance and Accountability:
- Attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completion of HSE Area Checklist (as assigned).
- Prevention of personal injury/illness.
- Quality of work/craftsmanship
- Demonstrates the ability to, at any time, perform all operations in areas trained.
- Cleanliness of work area.
- Safety practices.
- Accuracy of records and reports.
The Incumbent Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Positions Reporting To the Incumbent: None